Strict data controls are required for regulatory compliance and permitting and keeping them organized and complete is a challenge. Aegis has developed a solution. You can now manage your environmental permits accurately and efficiently with Shield®. Shield is an innovative, custom EHS compliance and reporting system built on Access® and the SQL Server (or other commonly used platforms upon request). This data management solution is designed for manufacturing industries, government sector markets, and educational institutions that require operational flexibility, yet must comply with onerous regulatory requirements.
Environmental reporting data can include air quality, waste management, and water quality. Shield® will help you document, organize, and store your data and easily and effectively analyze your reports. This data-driven solution provides:
- Flexibility to include air, waste and/or water permits as facility needs dictate
- The Access® platform to easily archive data
- A dynamic structure for ease of retroactive corrections to reports
- State, federal, and custom reports on environmental data
- Easier maintenance and updates for the facility’s personnel to handle
- Affordable long-term maintenance contracts
- A database delivered entirely to facility ownership with ten hours or six months of technical support provided
Because this system is completely customizable, Shield(R) can be developed for most data management and reporting needs. The environmental consultants at Aegis have developed the following Access® Database Modules to assist you in your environmental data and permit compliance tracking:
- Shield® Air Module: This Module allows for monthly input of equipment use information (such as fuel usage and hours of operation), calculates air emissions on a monthly and annual basis, and generates your air emissions reporting forms for state submittal. This module also features permit compliance tracking including monthly audits and deviation reports, and environmental task tracking reports.
- Shield® Air Module is customized to each permit to maximize the usefulness.
- Shield® Water Module: This Module allows you to monitor water data, audit monthly question data, and generate deviation reports and DMR forms for water permitting submission. It is customized to your specific permit and can be combined with the Air Module or Training Module.
- Shield® Waste Module: This Module enters waste manifest data, calculates your generator status, and combines similar wastewater streams and reports on the appropriate EPA wastewater forms for the bi-annual reporting.
- Shield® Training Module: This Module helps you keep track of your required training courses, including schedules, instructors, and trainees. This module comes with printable rosters and email reports of upcoming environmental or EHSQ training needs. Customization is available as an add-on option.
If you are interested in a demonstration of any of the Modules, or want more information to discuss your facility’s environmental data management needs, please contact Jessica Gunter at