The Environment Virginia Symposium is the Commonwealth’s premier environmental conference and the 2018 conference brought together environmental professionals throughout Virginia from all sectors: government, non-profits, academia, and industry.
Over 600 environmental professionals attended from all over Virginia and the conference included some of the following sessions that Aegis attended:
- DEQ Updates - Introduction by David Paylor, Director, VA DEQ and included Melanie Davenport, Michael Dowd, Jutta Schneider, and Justin Williams
- Air Permitting and Regulation, Presentations included Newport News Shipbuilding New Source Review Process and Recent Developments in Air Permitting and Regulation
- Using Environmental Management Systems, Presentations included Realities of EMS: Balancing Compliance and Culture and Introduction to ISO Environmental Standards
- Developments in Environmental Enforcement and Enforcement of Air Regulations including Richard Alonso, Partner Environmental Government Strategies, Sidley; Mike Dowd, Director, Air and Renewable Energy Division, VA DEQ; Jay Holloway, Williams Mullen Law Firm; Clara Poffenberger, Environmental Law and Policy LLC
- Waters of the US: Where does it stand? Demystifying the WOTUS Repeal and Replace Panel including David Davis, Office of Wetlands and Stream Protection, VA DEQ; Michael Rolband, President, Wetland Studies and Solutions, Inc.; and Tom Walker, Chief, Regulatory Branch, Norfolk District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
This was a short list of the many panels and presentations that provided extremely beneficial content. Please contact Judi Fox to discuss any of the above conference presentations or topics at email@example.com.
The conference was great for networking with peers, environmental service providers, vendors, and regulators from around Virginia.
Aegis Environmental, Inc. is planning to attend next year's conference March 26-28, 2019. Find out more information to attend the conference here and hope to see you there! https://conferences.vmi.edu/eva/